Summary of August 2026

 Happy National Day!

Singapore is celebrating 61 years of Independence Day. It never been an easy journey to where we are now, a country without nature resource, neighbour conflict and etc. Maximising manpower is the only solution; establishing strong military for peace, strict legislation anchoring fairness and an open economy, and constantly improving education systems for next generation stays relevant for their future. We thank our forefather built a peace and prosperity through blood and sweat for us. Majulah Singapura!

How do I feel the Singapore market?

I think Singapore is beginning to shape things up on attracting wealth inflow as its proof to foreign capitalists that we are neutral yet resilient on various crisis such as pandemic, oil, aging population, wartime ready, financial crisis and etc that most of the countries cannot address. Not only crisis-ready, we are also business-friendly, lower corporate tax with grants and incentives, attracting diversify foreign talents and no inherit tax needed.

Singapore also proof to be wealth magnet that cover with stability and insurance for wealthy families to park their money here. Even rich and peaceful Middle East not spare by uncertainty; Middle East families are not certainty on their country because US-Iran war is going on and choose Singapore as their alternate solution to this. I believe there are more to come if Trump chooses to disrupt act against rest of the world, choosing, Singapore, is known as boring and predictable country give assurance to them. Plus, Singapore seeking for SGX and local banks to unlock wealth solutions to them such as gold storage, SG ETF (high-yield dividend), strong currency.

DBS and OCBC update

I own these two companies in my SBP account since Covid breakout. Both earnings report are amazing, there are plenty of room to grow in wealth management during uncertainty thanks to Trump. Local banks are well-managing their balance sheet, coordinate with MAS/SGX, we can expect foreign capital inflow from various regions because of stability, strong currency and revamping SG market coming. The banks are increasing using Gen AI to serve customer better which improve cost-to-income ratio; Both are enhancing in every asset class to attract high-net-worth customers subscribing to their services.

I will investing more in OCBC because of insurance busniess due to increase population and potential growth in wealth management.  My love for both banks are in long term relationship because good risk management and quality growth area; never miss a chance when a pullback occurs.

Share Builder Plan

Still continue investing OCBC second tranche*, SGX and Sheng Siong but I considering stop DCA in sheng Siong end of this year. I feel Sheng Siong overstretch by the market maybe because of defensive approach by the management making retail investor investing in peace of mind. While I am happy to see healthy movement in this stock, which does not move in a swing manner, I will review this company after November whether I should continue invest. Those dividends received will reinvest on SGX, which I believe SGX deserve a little DCA.

*Will do an assessment on OCBC after forth tranches investment.

Is MSFT back on track?

The stock surged after earning report show strong revenue on cloud business as many investors doubting on this capex spending early 2026. We can compare AWS and Google Cloud revenue on this quarter also shown strong demand on enterprise demand. I believe MSFT will continue to grow at the strong pace and cloud able to offer great ROI. However, MSFT consider CPU and GPU are short-lived assets means there is a need to renew CPU and GPU every 3 years so capex is snowballing when data centre still growing across the regions.

These three companies highlighted that they feel early innings in multiple areas as enterprise business has potential growth rates because many companies barely start. MSFT addressing capex in broader areas to enhance ERP and CRM by offering bundle package to their customers (Fortune 500), which is creating a strong moat effect.

Option activity

Type

Stock

Strike price

Premium

Expiration

CSP

SoFi

13

0.37

260821

CSP

Uipath

9

0.26

260916

CSP

Palantir

100

0.22

260904

Covered Call

SoFi

21

0.12

260904

CSP

SoFI

16

0.52

261002

As of 15/08/26

I will closed previous Uipath and SoFi after reaching 95% profit. I wish to add more SoFi to my portfolio, recognising this company trying to reduce risk environment by pivoting to fee-based revenue and active members increasing so this is one of strong reason to invest on revolution company but mitigate risks by using CSP. I would highlight why did I covered call on sofi; as I’m doing wheel strategy certain stocks but I wish to clear my Sofi on my moomoo because their fee is too high for option trading. 

I might do more CSP after earning rally; there are chances of pullback and premium favoring Put Seller.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build a Generation Wealth portfolio from scratch.

Summary of my Dividend Growth Portfolio 2025

Adding more MSFT and SOFI in my portfolio